. home.aspx

NEWS

home.aspx
   


Boeing to invest 4.2 bln USD in commercial aviation of Brazil's Embraer

December 18, 2018 / Chengcheng

U.S. top aircraft maker Boeing Company (Boeing) announced Monday an investment of 4.2 billion U.S. dollars in taking the majority control of a commercial joint venture with Brazil's aviation giant Embraer. The new deal, which is subject to the approval of the Brazilian government, regulators, and investors, will allow Boeing to take 80 percent of ownership stakes in the joint venture, with Embraer holding the rest 20 percent, Boeing said in a statement Monday. Once the transaction is closed, Boeing will have operational and management control of the new company, which will report directly to Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing chairman, president, and chief executive officer, the company said. The Brazilian aircraft manufacturer will retain consent rights for certain strategic decisions, such as transfer of operations from Brazil, it added. The Boeing-Embraer joint venture is a result of one year of negotiations between the two top aviation leaders, which unveiled the program in July that wo...